Welcome.

This blog is intended for YOUR questions and comments about concrete countertops. Along the way of answering them, I will post helpful info, how to articles, and pictures of current projects. Please feel free to post your comments and questions by clicking on the post title, or clicking on the comment link below the post.

Thank you,

Raul Garcia
408.593.5253
cornerstone.concrete.co@gmail.com

The underlined words, and other ads, are ADs that fund this blog. Please click on them...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Custom Designed End Table Project



After an afternoon of searching for an end table at IKEA, I decided to make a one of a concrete countertop end table for our home. The beauty of concrete, the flexibility of being able to incorporate anything I want, and design something that is one of a kind, how could I not.

Designing custom concrete countertops is a passion for me, even with all the choices of natural and synthetic stones on the market today, NOTHING is more versatile than
concrete countertops.

This project features a simplistic design. The shape is nothing out of the ordinary besides the fact that I was able to build it according to the space in which it will be placed. I could possibly have searched, and searched for something to fit my needs but that would be the end of it. I would simply place the bought end table in my living room and never looked at it again, I would only use it.

But now I have something that started ou
t as an
idea, and is now a reality. This concrete countertop features a few eye catching elements to it. I placed a few copper fittings in the mold to give it a personal touch. When I polished them down, along with the aggregate, they glea
med as you can see in this photo.

The polishing on this concrete countertop began in one corner, and swooped to the opposite corner, giving it a stylish stripe of aggregates down the middle.




Other features of this countertop are the four glass tiles I embedded. They have a rustic feel to them which looks really nice. Also, when the lights are off the add this cool depth to the concrete countertop .








This design turned out well, and I can't wait to post pictures of the end result in my living room. Next I will be working on a stand for it, which will either be iron from a recycled old end table, or I might cast a stand and incorporate some recycled butcher block. The possibilities are endless!

Email cornerstone.surface.designs@gmail.com for concrete countertop estimates!

No comments:

Post a Comment